Global Public Relations Certificate Program
IAU College in Aix-en-Provence, France is pleased to announce a new certificate program in Global Public Relations for working professionals. The program, to be offered for the first time in January, will bring professionals from around the world to the South of France for two weeks to learn how to craft and execute sophisticated, global, multi-channel public relations campaigns for corporate and non-profit clients. The program will be conducted entirely in English. The certificate will give enrollees a valuable credential for working in a rapidly growing field where there is significant demand for professionals with international and intercultural experience.
Apply now - Program Closed: No longer accepting applications
Enrollees in this two-week certificate program will learn:
- How to craft and implement public relations strategies at the global level and adapt their strategy and messaging for regional, national, and sub-national audiences
- How to effectively tailor public relations strategies to local contexts and audiences
- The state of the field of global public relations and best public relations practices in key regions
- Key global, regional, and national media players and how to effectively pitch them
- Best practices for communicating internationally on behalf of governments, global organizations, and corporations, including strategy and message development and reputation and crisis management
- Strategies for working effectively in a global, multicultural public relations workplace
- Strategies for seeking employment and promotion in the field
The all-inclusive course includes classes and accommodation in Aix-en-Provence and day trips throughout the region to meet with public relations professionals for key local organizations, such as l'Occitane-en-Provence and local wineries.
The course will be taught by Kara Alaimo, a global public relations expert who previously served as head of communications for a United Nations initiative. In 2011, Alaimo was appointed by U.S. President Barack Obama as Spokesperson for International Affairs in the U.S. Treasury, where she was responsible for communicating global economic diplomacy initiatives. She also served as media advisor to Jim Yong Kim during his successful 2012 campaign for the World Bank Presidency.
Program Fee: $2,655 (home stay housing) or $2,975 (apartment housing)*
*There is an additional $1,000 fee for students interested in receiving three (3) units of IAU credit and an IAU transcript
Program Dates: January 4- 16, 2015