Resident Fellows Program
IAU College is pleased to announce its Resident Fellows Program designed for visiting professors on sabbatical leave from their home institutions.
While at IAU, the Resident Fellow can expect to:
• Participate in the IAU program of their choice
• Promote the intellectual and cultural exchange at IAU through a series of public lectures in their field of expertise. IAU’s first Resident Fellow, philosophy professor Dr. Lynda Myers from St. John’s College, says, “I can’t begin to express my gratitude for the willing and thoughtful assistance I received both before I left the States and after I arrived in France. The IAU team is friendly and efficient - and ready to give the attention to individual needs so important for creating a welcoming learning environment.”
• Participate in and audit IAU courses. “It has nothing to do with my field of expertise, but that’s a good thing - I’m encouraged to step out of my comfort zone and explore new domains that are particularly relevant to the culture in Aix.” - Fall 2013 Resident Fellow, psychology professor Dr. Lise Abrams, University of Florida
• Conduct smaller seminars and discussions with IAU students and faculty
• Develop their own research during the Fellowship period
• Participate in various excursions to neighboring regions with students. Some examples include day trips to Nice, Marseille, and Bonnieux. According to Dr. Abrams, “One of these was part of a class, and having the trip “narrated” in a sense by a faculty instructor made it so much better than seeing these places on my own. Being able to participate in these excursions is enhancing my experience in so many ways.”
Interested U.S. Faculty may complete the IAU Resident Fellows Application. Any questions can be directed to Professor Alan Roberts, Chair of the Resident Fellows selection committee.
The application deadline for the fall semester is June 15th with the Resident Fellow announced by the end of June. The spring semester deadline is November 10th with the Resident Fellow announced by the end of November.
Previous Resident Fellows have come from institutions like:
University of New Haven • University of Cincinnati • UC Berkeley • St. John’s College • University of Florida University of Limerick • Towson University • Rutgers University
Gettysburg College • Allegheny College • Fairfield University (Click here for a full list of Past Fellows)