Application Instructions for Prospective Undergraduate Students
IAU College reviews applicants for its undergraduate degree programs—Bachelor of Business Administration (BBA) and Bachelor of Arts in International Relations (BAIR)—on a rolling admissions process. To be considered, applicants must have (or will have earned) a high school diploma, or its equivalent. Please note that a phone/internet conversation with an IAU College admissions team member may be required to gather additional information from applicants. Admission to the IAU College BBA program is based on a review of the following items:
1. Application form
Please complete and submit the online application form.
2. Transcripts & Test Scores
Please e-mail a scan of your most up-to-date transcript (Saved as: LAST NAME_Transcript) and either ACT or SAT scores (Saved as: LAST NAME_Test Scores) to firstname.lastname@example.org. SAT/ACT scores are not required for non-American students. Please also mail an official copy to the following address. We can review your application with the scanned versions but will require the official copies in order to send a decision. If the student is currently enrolled in a high school or secondary institution, IAU requires that the student send a final official transcript after the student graduates with completed courses and graduation date listed on the transcript.
409 Camino Del Rio South
San Diego, CA 92108
3. Personal Essay (250-500 words)
In a separate word document (Saved as: LAST NAME_Essay), please respond to one prompt below and e-mail the completed document to email@example.com
4. Extracurricular Activities
- Some students have a background, identity, interest, or talent that is so meaningful they believe their application would be incomplete without it. If this sounds like you, then please share your story.
- The lessons we take from failure can be fundamental to later success. Recount an incident or time when you experienced failure. How did it affect you, and what did you learn from the experience?
- Reflect on a time when you challenged a belief or idea. What prompted you to act? Would you make the same decision again?
- Describe a problem you've solved or a problem you'd like to solve. It can be an intellectual challenge, a research query, an ethical dilemma—anything that is of personal importance, no matter the scale. Explain its significance to you and what steps you took or could be taken to identify a solution.
- Discuss an accomplishment or event, formal or informal that marked your transition from childhood to adulthood within your culture, community, or family.
In a separate word document (Saved as: LAST NAME_Activities), please list any extracurricular activities that you have participated in during your high school career. This includes professional, athletic, artistic, individual/team, volunteer, religious, academic or other type of activities (be creative!). Please include the following details and submit to firstname.lastname@example.org:
- Activity Type
- Organization Name
- Position/Leadership description
- Years of participation
- Timing of participation (during school year, during school break, all year)
- Hours spent per week
- Weeks spent per year
- What you accomplished and any recognition you received
- Whether or not you intend to participate in a similar activity at IAU College
5. Two letters of recommendation
Please have two recommendation forms submitted to email@example.com on your behalf by a teacher, advisor, or supervisors.
6. Proof of English Language Proficiency
Applicants whose native language is not English, unless they have been attending an English speaking school/university for at least 3 years, must submit official TOEFL score or IELTS English language proficiency exam. This requirement may be waived by IAU's US Office of Admissions under certain circumstances.
7. A non-refundable application fee of $120
The fee can be submitted via check (for U.S. Citizens only) to our U.S. Office of Admissions or through the secure credit card authorization form on our online payment portal.
Thank you for your interest in IAU College!
Please note that candidates are responsible for ensuring that the completed application and all supporting materials reach IAU in accordance with our application deadlines. Once complete, the Office of Admissions will contact students within two weeks with more information.
Any questions regarding this application can be directed to firstname.lastname@example.org.